Moving into a college apartment can be an exciting time – you get to decorate your new space, pick out furniture and make it feel just like home. One essential task that you need to take care of before moving in is stocking up on supplies for the bathroom.
With so many items on the list, it can be hard to know what exactly you’ll need. That’s why we’ve created this helpful guide – a College Apartment Bathroom Checklist! From shower curtains to toothpaste holders, this checklist will ensure you have everything you could possibly need when setting up your new bathroom.
Let’s face it: living away from home means having greater responsibility over maintaining your own personal hygiene products and cleaning supplies. Preparing ahead of time with these essentials will save you lots of money and trips to the store during move-in week or after settling in. Don’t worry about forgetting anything; our comprehensive guide has got all bases covered so that your transition into college life runs as smoothly as possible.
No matter whether you’re furnishing a shared dorm room bathroom or outfitting an entire private suite, our College Apartment Bathroom Checklist covers every item that could come in handy for keeping things clean and organized. So don’t wait any longer – read on for all the must-haves that’ll help create the perfect bathroom setup in no time!
Table of Contents
Simple College Apartment Bathroom Checklist
|Shower Curtain||Purchase a shower curtain to keep water from splashing onto the floor|
|Bath Mat||Purchase a bath mat to place outside the shower or bathtub to prevent slipping|
|Toilet Brush||Purchase a toilet brush to keep the toilet clean|
|Trash Can||Purchase a small trash can for the bathroom to dispose of waste|
|Towels||Purchase towels for hand and body drying|
|Washcloths||Purchase washcloths for face and body washing|
|Toilet Paper||Stock up on toilet paper|
|Soap||Purchase soap for hand washing|
|Toothbrush Holder||Purchase a toothbrush holder to keep toothbrushes organized|
|Toothpaste||Stock up on toothpaste|
|Razor||Purchase a razor for personal grooming|
|Shampoo & Conditioner||Stock up on shampoo and conditioner|
|Hair Dryer||Purchase a hair dryer for personal grooming|
|First Aid Kit||Purchase a first aid kit for minor injuries or cuts|
When it comes to keeping your college apartment bathroom clean, one of the most important items you need is a plunger. A plunger helps unclog toilets by creating suction and pressure that loosen blockages in the pipes.
To get started, make sure you purchase a plunger with an appropriate size cup for your toilet bowl. Another item you should keep on hand is a toilet auger. This tool features a long metal rod with a corkscrew-like head that can clear clogs located further down in the plumbing system than what a plunger can reach.
If your toilet isn’t flushing properly or is overflowing, using both of these tools in tandem may help break up whatever is causing the issue. Additionally, ensure you have enough space near your toilet so you can easily access them whenever needed.
Before finishing up this section, it’s also important to note that while having these two essential tools are necessary for maintaining your bathroom, they aren’t always effective when dealing with certain issues like tree roots or calcium deposits.
In such cases, calling a professional plumber may be required to resolve any underlying problems quickly and efficiently. With all this in mind, let’s move onto the next key element: cleaning supplies starting with a toilet brush…
A toilet brush is an essential part of any college apartment bathroom cleaning checklist. Not only does it help remove stains and debris from the bowl, but a good quality one can also assist with scrubbing and polishing surfaces around your sink or shower. Here are four items to consider when purchasing a toilet brush for your home:
- Size – Choose one that’s large enough to reach all areas in the bowl without straining yourself;
- Bristles – Look for brushes with stiff bristles so you can easily get rid of tough dirt and grime;
- Handle – Make sure the handle is comfortable to grip and won’t slip out of your hands while using;
- Storage – If possible, find one that comes with a storage container as this will help keep it clean after use.
Alongside a toilet brush, having a dedicated toilet scrubber on-hand is also beneficial especially if you need more precision while cleaning hard-to-reach spots inside the bowl or outside its rim.
Toilet scourers come in various shapes and sizes so there should be something available depending on your needs. Just remember to replace them regularly once they become worn down over time since they may not work as well anymore.
Cleaning the toilet is an essential part of any college apartment bathroom checklist, and having a quality toilet cleaner can make all the difference. To get your bowl sparkling clean, you’ll want to choose products that are tough on stains yet gentle enough not to damage its surfaces. Here’s what to consider when picking out the perfect toilet cleaner:
- Ingredients – Avoid those with harsh chemicals like bleach or ammonia; opt for natural cleaners instead as they’re more eco-friendly and safer for use in homes;
- Odor Control – Look for one that has added fragrances so it smells pleasant after cleaning;
- Safe for Septic Tanks – Make sure it won’t disrupt the balance of bacteria found in septic tanks;
- Multi-Purpose Use – If possible, find a product suitable for both toilets and other fixtures like sinks and bathtubs in your home.
When shopping around, don’t forget about getting a separate bathroom cleaner too if there are other areas you need to tackle such as counters, tiles or shower curtains. This way, you have something specifically designed for these items which helps ensure ultimate cleanliness without risking damage from using inappropriate solutions.
With the right combination of tools at hand, keeping your college apartment bathroom spick and span should be easy!
Continuing the bathroom checklist, let’s move on to towels. After all, nothing says clean like a plush set of towels in your college apartment bathroom! Here’s what you should consider when stocking up:
- Size – Bathroom towels come in different sizes and it’s important to choose ones that fit well with the available space; beach towels are larger so they can wrap around one person comfortably or two people snugly;
- Material – Cotton is an excellent choice for both types as it absorbs water quickly and feels great against skin; microfiber is another popular option which dries faster than cotton but may not be as comfortable;
- Color & Design – Consider picking out colors and patterns that match the overall look of your bathroom decor; this way, everything looks coordinated and inviting – perfect for those post-shower selfies!
Also keep in mind how many sets you’ll need before making a purchase. As a general guideline, figure out how often visitors will be using your bathroom and stock up accordingly. With enough towel sets at hand, you’ll never have to worry about being caught without something soft and cozy after showering again!
Now that you’ve got your towels ready, it’s time to move on to the next item in our bathroom checklist: a bathmat. A good bathmat rug can tie everything together and add an extra touch of style and comfort to any college apartment bathroom. Here’s what you should consider when shopping for one:
- Size – Measure the area around your shower or tub before picking out a size; smaller mats are great for tight spaces while larger ones work best if there is enough room;
- Material – Choose something absorbent like cotton or microfiber as these materials will help keep feet away from wet surfaces; some rubber-backed options also exist but make sure they are non-slip so they won’t slide away during use;
- Color & Design – Consider colors and patterns that match with the overall look of your bathroom – this way, everything looks coordinated and inviting!
When making your selection, don’t forget to factor in how often visitors will be using your bathroom too. This way, you’ll know exactly how many sets of towels and rugs to have on hand without having to worry about running out down the line.
The next item on our college apartment bathroom checklist is the shower curtain. A good quality shower curtain not only adds a touch of style to your bathroom, but also serves an important purpose in keeping water from splashing outside the tub or shower area. When shopping for shower curtains, it’s important to consider size, material and design as well.
As with bath mats, start by measuring the space around your tub or shower before you shop so that you can purchase something that fits properly. It’s also wise to buy a matching liner along with the curtain itself – this will help protect against moisture damage while providing additional coverage if needed.
Look for materials like polyester or cotton that are both lightweight and resilient enough to last through repeated use over time. Finally, pick out colors and patterns that fit nicely with the rest of your décor; choose something simple yet stylish if you want to keep things looking neat and organized!
When hanging up your new shower curtain, don’t forget about getting a sturdy rod too – without one, all those wet towels won’t stay off the floor! Investing in a high-quality product now means fewer worries later when it comes to potential leaks or accidents down the line.
Now that you’ve got the shower curtain sorted out, it’s time to move on to the next item in our college apartment bathroom checklist: a shower rod. Installing a shower-curtain rod may seem like an easy task – and while it might be relatively simple, there are still some important things to consider when selecting one for your space.
For starters, take into account how much weight your new rod will need to bear; if you’re planning on hanging heavier items, such as bath towels or robes, then go with something more robust.
Also make sure that whatever type of installation is needed for your chosen product can actually be done (some rods require specialized tools). Finally, look at whether or not extending options are available so that you can adjust its length over time if needed.
When it comes down to making a decision about which type of material to use for your shower-rod installation project, think beyond just metal or plastic. There are plenty of other materials available now that offer both aesthetic appeal and durability – from bamboo poles to stainless steel bars – all designed specifically for this purpose! With careful consideration and a little bit of research ahead of time, finding the right option should be no problem.
Once you’ve selected the perfect fit for your bathroom needs and budget, it’ll be smooth sailing when it comes time for actual installation – nothing too complicated here!
When it comes to choosing a soap dispenser for your college apartment bathroom, there are plenty of options out there. From classic pump-style bottles to wall-mounted dispensers, you can find something that fits both the look and function of your space.
No matter what type of design you choose, however, one thing is sure: you’ll need some liquid soap – or shampoo and conditioner if you prefer – to go with it! It’s important to select the right product for your needs; think about how often you shower or bathe and opt for an appropriate size bottle accordingly.
If possible, try searching for eco-friendly brands that use natural ingredients in their products – not only will this help preserve our environment but also keep your skin healthy too.
Don’t forget that proper storage matters as well; look into containers that are specifically designed to fit inside cabinets or drawers so they stay clean and organized. You may even want to consider purchasing multiple types of scents (or unscented versions) depending on personal preference.
With all these considerations in mind, finding the best soap dispenser solution should be no problem at all!
Shampoo & Conditioner
Choosing the right shampoo and conditioner bottles for your college apartment bathroom is no small task. It’s an important decision that can have a lasting impact on both your hair and overall hygiene!
To start off, you should think about what type of look you want to create with these products: do you prefer plastic or glass containers? Do you need something lightweight and easy to store? Or maybe you’d rather go for something more unique like metal dispensers.
Once you’ve narrowed down the material selection, it’s time to consider size. Again, this will depend on how often you shower/bathe; opt for larger bottles if possible so they don’t run out too quickly. Also make sure to read labels carefully as some brands may contain chemicals that are not ideal for daily use – especially if your skin is sensitive.
It’s also worth noting that many companies offer their own matching sets of shampoo and conditioner bottles; this could be helpful in terms of creating a cohesive atmosphere within the bathroom itself. Plus, purchasing them together usually results in cost savings as well!
Finally, it’s always smart to stock up when there are sales or discounts available – even if all your needs have been met at the moment. You never know when unexpected guests might arrive or when supplies will suddenly become scarce due to unforeseen events such as pandemics or natural disasters. With that being said, let’s move onto another important item in our college apartment bathroom checklist: trash cans!
Trash cans are an essential item in any college apartment bathroom. Not only do they keep the space looking neat and tidy, but they also help to reduce odors by trapping unpleasant smells before they spread throughout the room. When shopping for a trash can, there are several factors that you should consider:
- Size: Depending on how much waste is produced in your bathroom, you may need more than one bin – or perhaps something larger than average. Consider investing in tall bins with lids if possible; this will help contain potential messes and make emptying them less of a hassle.
- Design: Trash cans come in all sorts of shapes and patterns these days, so don’t be afraid to get creative! If you want something that stands out from the crowd, look into metal models or colorful plastic designs; alternatively, classic wooden bins could work well too.
- Accessories: Many trash cans now come with convenient features such as built-in handles for easy transport and foot pedals for hands-free use. These additions can really enhance the functionality of your bathroom bin and make dealing with garbage far more pleasant – not to mention hygienic!
Whatever type of trash can you decide upon, just remember that it has to fit both aesthetically and practically within your bathroom space. With this in mind, let’s move onto our next item on the checklist: toilet paper!
When it comes to the bathroom, toilet paper is an absolute must-have. Not only is it essential for basic hygiene, but it also gives your space a neat and tidy look. When shopping for TP, there are several things you should keep in mind:
- Buy bulk rolls: While individual rolls may seem convenient at first glance, they’re often more expensive than buying multiple packs of large ones. Plus, having plenty of extra on hand ensures that you won’t run out when nature calls!
- Choose quality: Although budget options can be tempting, remember that this isn’t something you want to skimp on – especially since low-grade tissue can irritate skin and cause discomfort. Look for brands with high ratings or opt for recycled paper if possible; not only will these save money in the long run, but they’ll also help reduce waste too.
- Get a holder: Toilet paper holders come in all shapes and sizes – from sleek stainless steel designs to rustic wooden styles. Whether wall mounted or free standing, these handy accessories make accessing tissue much easier while giving your bathroom an instant upgrade.
TIP: Remember to stock up on spare toilet roll whenever possible; this way, you won’t have to worry about surprise shortages when hosting guests unexpectedly!
No matter what type of toilet paper or holder you choose, just be sure that it suits both your needs and aesthetic preferences before making any final decisions.
Mirrors are an essential part of any bathroom – and thankfully, there’s no shortage of options. Whether you want a small handheld model or something larger for your wall, it’s easy to find one that fits your needs and budget. Here are some tips for finding the perfect piece:
- Measure twice, buy once: Before making a purchase, take time to measure the space available in order to avoid having to return items due to size constraints. Also consider mounting accessories such as brackets or clips if needed; this will help ensure the mirror stays secure over time.
- Consider style: From vintage frames to modern designs, mirrors come in all shapes and sizes so be sure to pick one that matches the aesthetic of your bathroom. If possible, look for ones with built-in storage shelves or hooks too; these can make storing toiletries much easier!
- Go big or go home: Wall mirrors not only offer up more visibility than smaller models but they also create an illusion of spaciousness – which is especially helpful in cramped quarters like college apartments. Look around online and compare prices before settling on one that meets both your needs and budget
Ultimately, choose a mirror that reflects (pun intended) who you are while giving your bathroom a boost in terms of form and function. With this item checked off our list, let’s move onto toothbrush holders next!
Now that you’ve selected the perfect mirror for your bathroom, it’s time to think about toothbrush storage. There are lots of options available in this area too – from a basic stand to those with multiple slots for more than one brush. Here’s what to keep in mind when shopping around:
- Look for durability: When choosing a holder, opt for something made of solid material like metal or ceramic as these will hold up better over time compared to plastic models. Avoid any holders with sharp edges too; they may cause injury while brushing teeth!
- Think practicality and style: Consider how many brushes you need to store before buying a holder – if there are only two people using the bathroom then a single-slot model should do just fine. Also, make sure the design complements both the existing decor as well as your personal taste.
- Get creative: If all else fails, why not get crafty? Repurpose an old jar or mug into a makeshift holder by drilling holes on either side and adding suction cups at the bottom (or mount it directly onto the wall). This way, you can create something unique without breaking the bank!
Ultimately, investing in an attractive yet functional toothbrush holder is key to keeping your bathroom organized. Now let’s move onto towel racks!
When it comes to finding the right towel rack for your bathroom, there are many factors to consider. For starters, think about how much space you have available and where you want to install it – if wall-mounted might be best or if a freestanding option would work better. Additionally, decide on whether or not you need one with multiple tiers for additional storage capabilities such as towels, washcloths and other items that can pile up in bathrooms quickly!
Another important factor to keep in mind is the material used for the towel rack itself. Metal options tend to be more durable than plastic ones but may also require special installation equipment. If opting for wood, look for something treated so that it won’t warp over time due to exposure from water or humidity in the air.
And don’t forget aesthetics either: select a style that complements both the existing decor of your bathroom as well as any other accessories like shelves and mirrors already present. That way, all elements will come together nicely creating an overall cohesive look throughout this area of your apartment.
For even greater versatility when it comes to organizing your bath linens and toiletries, complementing towel racks with bathroom shelving units can provide handy display surfaces while simultaneously freeing up countertop space. So let’s move onto selecting just the right rug for your college apartment bathroom next!
When it comes to selecting a bathroom rug, there are many considerations to keep in mind. From size and color to texture and durability, all these details will come together to create the perfect atmosphere for your college apartment bathroom. Here’s what you should take into account when shopping for rugs:
- Size: The size of the rug is essential as it can make or break the entire look and feel of your space. Consider how much flooring area is exposed and choose accordingly – if covering up most of it entirely then go bigger; if only creating an accent spot, then opt for something smaller.
- Color: Select a shade that complements both the walls and other furniture pieces in this part of your home such as cabinets or mirrors. Opt for ones with natural accents like beiges or tans that won’t clash too much but still bring warmth and interest throughout!
- Texture: As bathrooms tend to get wet easily, materials such as cotton or microfiber are great options because they’re quick-drying while being soft underfoot at the same time. Additionally, textures like chenille also work well since they can resist water better than other fabrics do so they won’t show signs of wear quickly either!
- Durability: Make sure whatever material is chosen can withstand heavy foot traffic without fading away over time due to constant exposure from moisture present in bathrooms often – this includes splashes from showers plus steam generated by hot baths taken frequently after classes end each day!
In short, finding just the right bathroom rug requires careful consideration of factors ranging from size and hue through texture and longevity – everything must be factored into making a wise decision here today so it looks good tomorrow too!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Way To Clean The Bathroom Mirrors?
I was recently standing in my college apartment bathroom and noticed just how dirty the mirrors were. I thought to myself, ‘What is the best way to clean these bathroom mirrors?’
Mirror cleaning can be a tricky business if you don’t have the right supplies or techniques. To get your bathroom mirror sparkling clean, it’s important to use products that won’t damage them over time. You’ll need some glass cleaner and a soft cloth for starters.
For stubborn spots on the frame surrounding the mirror, try using all-purpose cleaner with an abrasive sponge instead of rubbing alcohol which could discolor the frames.
When cleaning your bathroom mirror, start by spraying it lightly with glass cleaner while avoiding any harsh scrubbing. Then take your microfiber cloth and wipe off excess residue before buffing out streaks and fingerprints.
If there are still areas that need extra attention, use a cotton ball soaked in white vinegar or club soda – both are excellent natural alternatives when dealing with hard water stains or soap scum build up.
Finally, make sure to dry everything completely before stepping away from the mirror so as not to leave behind moisture droplets that could fog up later on!
Cleaning bathroom mirrors isn’t always fun but having one that looks pristine makes a big difference in terms of home décor. It also helps keep things tidy and prevents dirt buildup from becoming too much of an eyesore or worse yet causing long-term damage to surfaces around them such as countertops or cabinets.
So next time you’re getting ready for company or looking for something quick to do during spring cleaning season, give your bathroom mirror a good scrub down!
How Often Should I Replace The Shower Curtain?
When it comes to maintaining a clean and hygienic bathroom, one of the key items that should be regularly checked is the shower curtain. How often you should replace your shower curtain depends on several factors such as how frequently it’s used and what type of material it’s made from.
To determine an appropriate replacement frequency for your shower curtain, here are some considerations:
Usage: If you use your shower curtain every day, then it might need replacing more frequently than if you only use it occasionally.
Plastic Shower Curtains: A plastic shower curtain can last up to 12 months with regular cleaning and maintenance.
Fabric Shower Curtains: Fabric shower curtains can last longer than plastic ones but still require regular washing and drying in order to remain fresh-smelling and looking good. As a general rule, fabric curtains should be replaced at least once per year or sooner if they start to look worn out.
It also helps to inspect the seams, grommets, hemline, and any other areas where the fabric may have become weakened over time; this will help ensure that the integrity of the curtain isn’t compromised when wet.
Additionally, keep an eye out for mold or mildew which can form due to moisture build-up inside of showers and baths – these indicate that it’s time for a new shower curtain!
Keeping track of when you last purchased or washed your shower curtains is a great way to make sure they don’t get too old before being replaced. It’s important not just for hygiene reasons but also because older curtains won’t do their job as well – they’ll let water seep through them much faster leading to bigger messes overall in the bathroom!
So make sure you’re keeping tabs on yours so that they stay fresh and effective at doing what they were designed to do!
Is It Necessary To Use A Shower Mat?
When it comes to keeping your college apartment bathroom safe, is using a shower mat necessary? The short answer is yes. A shower mat can help protect against slips and falls in the bath or shower space. Here are four reasons why you should use a shower mat:
1) It offers extra traction on wet surfaces – Shower mats can be made from materials like rubber which offer more grip than tile or other hard surface flooring when wet. This added traction helps prevent slipping and falling while taking a shower or bath.
2) Prevents mold & mildew buildup – When used regularly, a shower mat can help keep moisture away from walls and floors, making it harder for mold and mildew to form. This is especially important if you live in an area with higher levels of humidity, as this increases the risk of developing these issues over time.
3) Helps maintain cleanliness – By having something between you and the tub/shower bottom, you’re less likely to transfer dirt and grime onto otherwise clean surfaces. Additionally, some styles feature anti-microbial properties that make them resistant to bacteria growth and odors caused by dampness!
4) Adds comfort & style – There’s no denying that not all showers are equal; some have uncomfortable floor tiles or fixtures that may cause discomfort during extended periods of standing.
With a quality shower mat beneath your feet, you won’t have to worry about avoiding those areas anymore! Plus they come in various colors and designs so you can add even more personality to your bathroom décor.
It’s clear that investing in a good quality shower mat is worth the effort when considering both safety and hygiene concerns related to bathrooms. Not only will it provide peace of mind but also give your space an aesthetically pleasing boost!
What Type Of Toilet Paper Should I Use?
When it comes to bathroom supplies, choosing the right toilet paper is essential. It’s important to find a good balance between quality and cost when making this decision. There are many different types of toilet paper on the market today, from single-ply to quilted three-ply. So how do you decide which one is best for your college apartment bathroom?
Toilet paper, also known as bathroom tissue, can be divided into two main categories: recycled or virgin pulp. Recycled toilet paper is made with recycled materials such as old newspapers and cardboard boxes, while virgin pulp toilet paper is made entirely from new material.
Generally speaking, recycled toilet paper tends to be cheaper than its virgin pulp counterpart but may not always provide the same level of absorbency or softness.
On the other hand, virgin pulp toilet papers usually offer greater comfort due to their higher levels of absorption and softer texture. However, they tend to come at a higher price tag compared to recycled options.
In addition, some people may prefer the cleaner look that comes with using white Virgin Pulp towels in comparison to those that are colored by recycling products like newspaper ink. The choice ultimately boils down to personal preference and budget constraints.
It’s worth considering all these factors before selecting a type of toilet paper for your college apartment bathroom so that it fits both your needs and your wallet! Take time to compare prices online or shop around at local stores if possible – you’ll likely be able to find something perfect for your unique situation without breaking the bank!
Are There Any Safety Tips For Using The Shower Rod?
When it comes to shower rod safety, there are a few things you should know. It is important to make sure the shower rod is securely fastened in place and that the wall surrounding it is dry and free of any debris or mold.
Furthermore, if using an adjustable shower rod, ensure that all screws and bolts are tightened enough so that the rod does not become loose during use.
Shower rods can also be hazardous as they have sharp edges which can cause cuts or scrapes if contact is made with them. To prevent this from happening, wear shoes while taking a shower and be aware of your surroundings when stepping away or towards the shower area.
Additionally, take caution when adjusting the height of an adjustable shower rod; avoid stretching too far or lifting heavy items around it.
In addition to these tips for using a shower rod safely, bathroom showers come with their own set of safety guidelines as well.
Be careful not to slip on wet floors by laying down non-slip mats on surfaces where water accumulates such as near the entrance of your tub/shower area.
Also keep any electrical appliances like hairdryers far away from water sources as electricity and water do not mix together well!
It’s easy to forget about safety precautions while getting ready for your day but following some simple steps will help protect you from potential hazards caused by both shower rods and bathrooms showers alike.
Taking the time now to familiarize yourself with proper usage techniques could potentially save you lots of trouble later on!
When it comes to cleaning the college apartment bathroom, there are a few important things that you should consider. First and foremost, it’s essential to clean your mirrors regularly – this will help keep them looking clear and sparkling. Furthermore, replacing the shower curtain every couple of months is also necessary in order to maintain hygiene standards. Using a shower mat is another key aspect of keeping your bathroom safe and germ-free, as well as using toilet paper specifically designed for bathrooms.
Finally, safety must be taken into account when using any type of hardware such as a shower rod or other fixtures. It’s important to ensure that these items are firmly secured so they don’t come loose while in use which can result in an injury. By taking all these factors into consideration, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your bathroom is both clean and secure.
So if you’re living in a college apartment, make sure you follow the tips outlined above! Taking care of your home not only helps keep it hygienic but can also save you money down the line by avoiding costly repairs or replacements due to improper maintenance. Doing simple tasks like wiping down surfaces each week or changing out curtains frequently will go a long way towards creating a safe environment for yourself and others who may enter your space.